Are you suffering with symptoms of rosacea? You’re not alone.
More than 14 million American have rosacea according to the American Academy of Dermatology.
Rosacea is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that causes redness around the nose, cheeks, chin and forehead. Some of the most common symptoms of rosacea include:
- A flushed, red face
- Visible blood vessels
- Sensitive, dry skin
- Small bumps or acne-like breakouts
- Red, irritated eyes
If left untreated, these symptoms tend to get worse. And though there is no cure for rosacea, with adequate treatment, most people can control their symptoms and prevent rosacea from getting worse.
Popular Treatments for Rosacea
Facial redness and visible blood vessels can be treated with:
- IPL Photofacial treatments
- Pulsed dye laser resurfacing
Acne-like breakouts and bumps can be treated with:
- Low-dose antibiotics like doxycycline
- Topical creams like metronizadole or azelaic acid
Dry, sensitive skin can be treated with:
- High quality moisturizer
- Broad spectrum sunscreen
- Clothing protection (scarves or ski masks) during the winter
- Avoiding skin products that contain alcohol
- Avoid irritating skin by touching it too much
Red, irritated eyes can be treated with:
- Artificial tears or prescription eye drops
Know Your Rosacea Triggers
In addition proper treatment, it’s possible to minimize symptoms by identifying lifestyle and environmental factors that may be causing your rosacea to flare up. Though triggers can vary significantly from individual to individual, some of the most common triggers include:
- Temperature changes
- Dairy products
- Spicy foods
- Sun exposure
Learn More About Rosacea Treatment
Do you still have questions about IPL photofacial, pulsed dye laser resurfacing or other cosmetic treatments for rosacea? Contact us to set up a one-on-one consultation today.